“Responsible Gambling” is a broad concept and involves the conduct of gambling in a manner whereby the potential for harm associated with gambling is minimized. The aim is to enable people to make informed decisions about their participation in gambling and, if harm has occurred, to provide access to gambling help services.
The Kash Karnival is designed to make real money skill wagering a fun and entertaining experience while protecting those with potential gambling problems.
Gambling responsibly is when you:
- Are you in control of how much time and money you are spending
- See gambling as a form of entertainment
- Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose
- Know and accept the odds
- Keep sight of your chances of winning
- Accept that your spending limits may be less than others
- Don’t go back the next time to try and win back your losses.
Tips for gambling responsibly:
- Think of gambling as entertainment, not a way to make money
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Set a spending limit in advance
- Set a time limit in advance
- Take a break
- Don’t gamble when you’re depressed or upset
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Never chase your losses