Where can I find online gambling help? (AU)
Gambling Help Online is funded as part of an agreement between all State and Territory Governments and the Australian Government. This service complements and increases the range of services available in responding to problem gambling issues. It provides Australians with a new opportunity to access counseling and information services when they are unable or reluctant to access face-to-face services provided in each jurisdiction. Informed by extensive research and expert advice, Gambling Help Online is a world first to provide:
- 24/7 availability of chat and email counseling and support services;
- Availability of professional counselors with expertise in problem gambling and online services;
- Integration with state based 24/7 telephone services and face-to-face counseling;
- Provision of extensive website content, self-help information and web-links for additional support.
What is Responsible Gambling?
Prevent Gambling becoming a Problem
For most people gambling is an exciting and fun recreational pursuit. For others it can become a problem with devastating consequences for them, their families and friends. At Royal Wins, we want you to enjoy your gambling experience with us. We want you to stay in control of your gambling and not allow your gambling to control you.
If you are concerned about your gambling practices there are a number of guidelines you may find useful:
- Try and establish limits for the amounts you want to wager or deposit. Royal Wins offers “Max Bet Limits” across all Game titles.
- Consider how long you wish any wagering session to last before commencing and be sure to keep an eye on the clock.
- Try not to let gambling interfere with your daily responsibilities.
- Gambling is not advised if you are recovering for any form of dependency or if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance including some prescription medication. We recommend that you consult your GP for more information.
- Gambling is a form of recreation and should not be viewed as an alternative source of income or a way to recoup debt.
How do I know if I am developing a Problem?
Recognizing that you may be developing a gambling problem is the first step to regaining control.
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of time and the amount you spend gambling
Gamblers Anonymous has prepared a 20 question test to help you identify if you are developing a problem. We recommend that you visit their website for more information.
Click here to see the Gamblers Anonymous 20 Questions
Who can you talk to?
Living with a gambling problem can be tough, but you are not alone. Confidential help and counselling is only a phone call away, with counsellors who understand that you need a safe anonymous place to get information about problem gambling. They appreciate that picking up the phone can be the hardest step you will take toward a solution to your gambling problem. If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gambling, please contact one of the organisations we have detailed below.
- National 1800 Gambling Helpline – Call 1800 522 4700. This is a hotline for all problem gamblers and their families who will be able to speak directly with someone.
- The National Council on Problem Gambling – This is an online facility for help. Please find it at https://www.ncpgambling.org/
- Gambling Therapy – Provides support and counselling for anyone adversely affected by gambling. Members of the Gambling Therapy Team operate from locations both within the UK and internationally. It’s site can be accessed at www.gamblingtherapy.org
What We Can Do to Help
We offer a number of facilities that can help you keep control of your gambling.
At Royal Wins you can control the amount you deposit and/or lose by controlling your deposit amounts up to Max Bet limits across all game titles.
Each deposit made is controlled and therefore each loss amount can be set by the player.
Temporary or Permanent Self Exclusion
Self-Exclusion (banning yourself from gambling websites) can be very helpful in reducing your opportunities to gamble.
If you need a break from gambling, Royal Wins offers a self-exclusion program. You can exclude yourself on either a temporary or permanent basis and can include options to prevent access to your account and betting services during the exclusion period.
Any person requesting self-exclusion will be supplied with appropriate self-exclusion information and guidance as to how to apply for these self-exclusion arrangements. Accounts which are closed by customers who do not request temporary or permanent exclusions can be re-opened.
Where customers elect to exclude themselves from betting services, Royal Wins will take reasonable steps to prevent the use of existing accounts or opening new accounts by that player.
Persons who exclude themselves are encouraged to also seek exclusion from other betting providers. Our staff can provide you with some assistance in this area.
To learn more about self-exclusion, or apply for self-exclusion, please contact our support email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preventing Children from Gambling
Our sports betting services are designed to appeal to and be used by adults only. We actively discourage children (persons who have not attained the age of 18 years) attempting to bet at our site.
If children have access to the computer/smart phone/tablet you use to access Kash Karnival’s website, we encourage you to download and install one of the popular child protection packages, such as Net Nanny or Cyber Patrol. This software will prevent Kash Karnival being accessed by children, and stop them from viewing other internet content that you may consider unsuitable.
Staff Training and Awareness
Royal Wins staff are trained to be aware of and to offer assistance to customers seeking assistance in relation to problem gambling. By seeking assistance, we mean customers who call and ask about support for a problem gambling. We will help you use all of the facilities on our site, and provide you with contact information of support services.
If required, Royal Wins will co-operate with problem gambling service providers in order to support them in their work of assisting people who may have a problem with their gambling.
Please be aware that our staff will act in good faith in response to any questions provided by customers. If, in acting on a request from a customer, our staff suspect that a customer may have a gambling problem, they may directly ask the customer. Only in circumstances where the customer states that they have a gambling problem can Royal Wins be taken to have known that the customer has a gambling problem and such knowledge cannot be imputed in any other manner. All our communications with customers are confidential and therefore, in order for us to be helpful, we request that you be honest and open.
Informed choice about chances of winning
Royal Wins endorses the principle of enabling our customers to make informed decisions about gambling. We:
a) Display accurate information on odds and approximate dividends and payouts; and
b) Provide information about rules in relation to bet types in simple plain language and provide this information on our website
Must be 18 or older!
The prevention of underage gambling is an equally important aspect of our commitment to responsible gaming.
A customer can only be allowed to have an account if they are 18 years or older. At the point of registration, all accounts are reviewed by our security team to ensure that the information entered is accurate and true.
If an account is registered with a misrepresented date of birth in order to avoid the age restriction, the account will be immediately disabled and winnings, if any, will be forfeited to the gaming commission.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, you may contact Royal Wins by email at email@example.com