THE LEGALITY OF SKILL GAMING
Skill-based gaming has a well-established legal, social and commercial history. From classic board games to major sports tournaments, games of skill have long offered participants a chance to compete based on one’s ability. Today, games of skill are available on most major media sites like AOL, MSN, and Yahoo.
Kash Karnival is a platform that enables skill-based wagering on mobile devices while offering gamers the ability to win real money.
How are skill-based games different from chance-based games?
- Games of skill require a physical or mental ability and a learned capacity to carry out a result. These games commonly include the use of strategy, tactic, physical coordination, strength, technical expertise, or knowledge.
- Games of chance are games with an outcome strongly influenced by random chance or uncertainty. Common randomization devices include dice, playing cards, or numbered balls drawn from a container.
- Games of chance may have some skill, and games of skill may have some chance.
What determines a skill-based game?
1. The Predominance Test
The predominance test is the most commonly used indicator of whether a game is skill- or chance-based. Under this test, one must envision a continuum with pure skill on one end and pure chance on the other. On the continuum, games such as chess would be almost at the pure skill end, while traditional slot machines would be at the pure chance end. Between these ends of the spectrum lie many activities containing both elements of skill and chance. A game is classified as a game of skill if the game falls predominantly closer to the skill end of the continuum.
2. The Material Element Test
The material element test is used to evaluate whether a game is skill or chance based. The test asks the question of whether chance plays a material role in determining a game’s outcome. As an example, in games like Minesweeper, a great deal of skill is generally exercised by players, but there are moments when players are forced to guess at random, with the results of that guess determining the winner and loser of the game. Skill predominates but chance plays the material role in determining the game’s outcome.
Where does Kash Karnival offer cash prizes?
The Kash Karnival may host cash prize tournaments for all eligible players during promotional events. Other sources include bonus features that reward players with virtual currency that can be cashed in for real money.
These sources include:
- Daily Spin Wheel
- Lottery Alley
- Arcade Corner
What happens if someone logs in from a place where cash gaming is not legal?
For countries where skill-based cash gaming is not allowed, a player who logs in to the Kash Karnival will still be able to compete in skill wagering games.
Defining a Skill Game:
- Is skill the determining factor in the outcome of the game?
- Does the game’s format allow a skilled player to have a consistent advantage over a non-skilled player?
- Is the game free of important decisions that can be made only by guessing?
- Are there defined rules without predetermined odds of success?
- Are random events removed as much as possible?
Kash Karnival’s Compliance
Kash Karnival provides a forum for safe, friendly, and competitive entertainment with monetary stakes tied to the competition of players at all levels. Kash Karnival operates in full compliance with State laws, verifying the age of anyone seeking to open an account to determine a player’s eligibility for real money skill gaming.
All gamers must be at least 18 years old to ensure player eligibility for the Kash Karnival.